Monday, October 25, 2010

Ordinary lives

As I was driving home from an American Heritage Girls meeting tonight (I'm the high school leader), I was thinking about how God uses all of us in so many different ways. He led my sister and brother clearly to bring home two boys from Ethiopia...that is big. I mean BIG and I have to admit I've struggled with feelings of "not being righteous enough". I mean, if I am a "good Christian", why don't I have the same calling?

But on the way home, I started reflecting on the meeting, on how much I like it, on how much the girls in my group like it, on how glad they are that I am part of their lives and how glad I am that they are part of mine. And how I know it's from God that He led me here. Right where I am. Touching these lives. Touching the lives around me. And it made me feel warm all over when I thought that God even uses lives that seem ordinary and unimportant, like mine.

3 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

your life is FAR from ordinary and unimportant!! but i know exactly what you mean and yeah, God is good and He most def puts us in the right place at the right time and we are truly blessed when we "let our light shine" and are able to make a difference in someone else's life.

emmy said...

WOW ! i seriously enjoyed reading your story and admire your life and writing skills... :)
amazing !

emma

emmy said...

WOW ! i seriously enjoyed reading your story and admire your life and writing skills... :)
amazing !

emma