Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Summer

I love summer. Have I said that lately? These are some of the things I love:

Not having to layer up or put coats on when we leave the house.

Having daylight until almost 10 PM.

The fireflies in the thousands in our backyard and across the bean field behind our house.

Jogging in the morning when it is fresh and cool and comfortable and the rising sun throws inviting shadows across the trees that fall on my shoulders as I pass beneath.

Not having school.

Going to baseball games.

Swimming.

Wearing shorts.

Watching "Food Network Star".

Sunshine and heat. 'Nuff said.

What I don't like about summer:

Um....

3 comments:

Mayhem And Miracles said...

Hi Sniz - love your list and love that you contacted me! Can't believe I saw it too. I only get on about every 4 or 5 months now. My disorder is a very uncharacteristic presentation of something called PCOS. It's way too complicated to explain here; I suppose I should post about it sometimes, but my life has changed SO MUCH over the past year. It just can't be a priority anymore. Stinks! But it's a season. I sure hope to one day be able to get back in the groove. I miss my blog friends!

Sniz said...

Hi Mayhem, I'm so sorry about your condition although I don't really know anything about it. I do know about seasons, though. Our lives are a series of them! I hope you can blog again soon, but I understand that blogging can't always be (nor should it be) a priority. Be well, my friend.

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

I love summer too! Hope you are still enjoying yours.