Monday, April 12, 2010

Trampolines: tear-making, age-determining devices

We got a trampoline this weekend. It has already proven to be a blessing and a curse. The kids' excitement knows no bounds, but that also means emotions are close to the surface and tears over it break forth at the drop of a hat.

"But we just got it. I don't want anyone else jumping on it." (Tears)
"My back hurts." "Well, stop jumping for a little while." "But I want to SO MUCH." (tears)
"When she jumps with other people, she acts happy and they have so much fun, but when I jump with her, she acts bored and won't play anything with me." (tears)
"They leave me out." (tears)

Of course, when I jump on it, I quickly realize my age. Here I thought I was in pretty good shape for a 41 year old. But on that thing, I can't do anything except jump up and down and even that exhausts me. What in the heck? I can jog for miles, but I can barely catch my breath after 5 minutes on that thing. And bladder control when you are bouncing so hard...when did that become an issue? I just don't like feeling this way, especially since I just graduated from high school not very long ago. (In my mind, that is always less than 5 years ago.)

2 comments:

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

You forgot about "argue."

Hey kids, that's too many people on there at one time. (ARGUE)

Who forgot to close the safety net? (ARGUE)

Rebekah said...

I love jumping on my kids trampoline- but I totally get whay you're saying about bladder control. LOL... the things our bodies go through after having kids. Ahh to be young again.
Oh, and we've lost two trampolines in strong winds. Make sure you secure your down.